Re: adt Makefile, was Re: jsonb and nested hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: adt Makefile, was Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 02/01/2014 05:20 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Odd, most OBJS lines are kept in alphabetical order, but that doesn't
>> seem to be the case here.

> This whole list is a mess, and we don't even have all the range_types
> files following each other.

> Worth cleaning up?

+1.  It's just neatnik-ism, but isn't compulsive neatnik-ism pretty
much a job requirement for programmers?  It's hard enough dealing
with necessary complexities without having to wonder if some seemingly
arbitrary choice has hidden meanings.

> I'm actually wondering if it might be worth having some subgroups of
> object files and then combining them into $OBJS.

Nah, let's just alphabetize them and be done.  The Makefile has no
reason to care about subgroups of those files.