Re: FUNC_MAX_ARGS benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FUNC_MAX_ARGS benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Do we have agreement to increate FUNC_MAX_ARGS to 32?

I believe so.

> NAMEDATALEN will be 64 or 128 in 7.3.  At this point, we better decide
> which one we prefer.
> The conservative approach would be to go for 64 and perhaps increase it
> again in 7.4 after we get feedback and real-world usage.  If we go to
> 128, we will have trouble decreasing it if there are performance
> problems.

It seems fairly clear to me that there *are* performance problems,
at least in some scenarios.  I think we should go to 64.  There doesn't
seem to be a lot of real-world demand for more than that, despite what
the spec says ...