Re: Oh, this is embarrassing: init file logic is still broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Oh, this is embarrassing: init file logic is still broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 06/25/2015 08:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I can't see doing a release just for this.  If we were due for releases
>> anyway, sure, but we've considerably overstressed our poor packagers of
>> late.  Previous discussion was to the effect that we'd anticipate another
>> set of releases in a month or so, after some more multixact fixes have
>> landed.

> FWIW, I know users who will not update because of this regression.
> Consider applications which regularly need to spin up 200 new
> connections in 90 seconds due to usage peaks.

TBH, if your app is critically dependent on backend startup time,
You're Doing It Wrong, because that means you're pissing away significant
performance by not using a connection pooler.  So I don't have a huge
amount of sympathy.