Re: is this a bug or I am blind? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: is this a bug or I am blind?
Date
List pgsql-general
Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 08:37:26PM +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>> I don't know which locales are affected. It just can't be that
>> widespread because we're not getting similar reports for 99% of the
>> locales out there.

> Not getting reports doesn't mean the problem is rare.

I'm not sure that we can say we're not getting reports, either.  We've
seen *plenty* of reports of strange comparison misbehavior.  Up to now
I've always written them off as pilot error (ie, incompatible locale and
encoding selections) but now I suspect some of them were due to this
issue.

            regards, tom lane