Re: pqReadData() - backend unexpectedly closed the channel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pqReadData() - backend unexpectedly closed the channel
Date
List pgsql-general
"Scott Price" <Scott.Price@sci.com> writes:
> The last response I saw =
> from postgresql.org to Frank was from a fellow Tom Lane asking to see a =
> core dump.  Since I experienced this problem I would like to send you a =
> core dump of my file (which is gzipped), core.gz

No, I wanted to see a backtrace.  A core dump is of no value on any
other platform than your own, especially without a copy of the same
executable you used (and no, don't send that).

            regards, tom lane

(Marc, why in the world did you approve a 280k binary posting to
pgsql-general?  There are going to be a lot of annoyed people...)