Re: Add %z support to elog/ereport? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add %z support to elog/ereport?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> gettext has support for it afaics, it's part of POSIX:

Really?  [ pokes around at pubs.opengroup.org ]  Hm, I don't see it
in Single Unix Spec v2 (1997), but it is there in POSIX issue 7 (2008).
Also, the POSIX page says it defers to the C standard, and I see it
in C99.  Too bad not all our platforms are C99 yet :-(

Actually this raises an interesting testing question: how sure are we
that there aren't already some format strings in the code that depend
on C99 additions to the printf spec?  If they're not in code paths
exercised by the regression tests, I'm not sure we'd find out from
the buildfarm.