Re: config - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: config
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Engelhart <mengelhart@earthtrip.com> writes:
> Thanks Adam.  Yeah, I know that it uses a mach kernel and variant of
> freebsd runs atop the kernel.  I would attempt the FreeBSD template
> but the other snag is that it has to compile on PowerPC.

FreeBSD template seems like it'd be a good starting point.  7.0.*
will probably not work on PPC unless you compile with optimization
level -O0, so tweak CFLAGS in the template that way before running
configure.  Otherwise it seems like it'd more or less work --- give
it a shot and let us know how it goes.

BTW, I think the PPC optimization issues are solved in current sources.
From a development perspective it'd be more interesting to hear your
report on what happens with a current nightly snapshot instead of 7.0.2.

        regards, tom "didn't order my OS X yet :-(" lane