fix for acls with usernames that have " characters in them. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject fix for acls with usernames that have " characters in them.
Date
List pgsql-patches
This patch seems to address all the problems with usernames with double
quotes in them.  The only thing I'm worried about is what happens when you
run pg_dump now against old versions of postgres that don't use the new
quoting rules...

I've done lots of dumping and loading with usernames like [\,"- _ *<> '\,\
\" \' = \" -%,*&^% and I haven't managed to break it yet.  However, whomever
commits this patch should check my logic carefully, and especially check
that I have allowed properly for malloc() space for the extra characters and
stuff.

Cheers,

Chris

Attachment