Re: How to convert firebird stored procedures into postgresql functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn Tonies \(Upscene Productions\)
Subject Re: How to convert firebird stored procedures into postgresql functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Elusai,

I very much doubt there’s a tool for this, given that the procedural language isn’t the same, so you’re looking at converting syntax.

As far as I’ve seen PLPgSQL, it’s similar and it should be quite easy to convert Firebird PSQL to this language.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:56 AM
Subject: [GENERAL] How to convert firebird stored procedures into postgresql functions

Hi there :) I have an internship project that consists in migrate a Firebird structure and data to a PostgreSQL one. I have already gotten the migration of tables, primary and foreign keys (and other constraints), indexes and views to a PostgreSQL database.
But now I have 140 Firebird stored procedures. I need to convert them into PostgreSQL functions. My question is: is there any tool that could do this conversion? I have tried some tools such as DBTools Manager Professional, Full Convert and PostgreSQL Database Converter, but none of them is able to convert stored procedures.

I would like to find a tool because I have a little time to finish this activity manually, and I not even reached triggers...
Thank you all and best regards from Brazil :)