Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8
Date
Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8  (frank church <pgsql@adontendev.net>)
List pgsql-hackers-win32
On Jul 19, 2005, at 7:50 AM, frank church wrote:

> I have tried the pginstaller a number of times on my system and it
> always ends
> in failure.
>
> I have seen a setup file on the pgfoundry site that allows manual
> installation.
>
> Is there some documentation for it?
>
> I also sw some instructions for a silent installation - are they 2
> options the
> same?
>
> I have been able to install cygwin postgresql a number of times,
> manually so I
> am sure I will be able to do the manual installation.
>
> I just need to be able to get past the initdb failure

If you install mingw, then you just compile and make like any other
platform with the instructions provided in the main documentation. I
never used cygwin, but I assume the process is the same.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL