Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From frank church
Subject Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32

I have tried the pginstaller a number of times on my system and it always ends
in failure.

I have seen a setup file on the pgfoundry site that allows manual installation.

Is there some documentation for it?

I also sw some instructions for a silent installation - are they 2 options the
same?

I have been able to install cygwin postgresql a number of times, manually so I
am sure I will be able to do the manual installation.

I just need to be able to get past the initdb failure