Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If you want an example of something I *do* have a process problem
>> with, it's Kevin Grittner's attempts
> Hmmm....  Plural?  I've made exactly one post on the subject since
> the CF started, unless you count review of Markus's dtester code,
> which he posted before the CF but didn't add to the CF page.  Is
> reviewing that a process violation?  Or was discussing it before the
> CF the process issue?

I thought the whole topic should have been held off till after the CF,
probably till after the bulk of beta testing work is done.  It's a
sufficiently large and difficult problem that nobody can really give you
any meaningful feedback without taking more time away from our current
set of problems than I think is appropriate.

Now your original posts back in December were okay, since you were just
letting people know that you intended to work on this over a long
period.  But IIRC you've made more than one post with actual code in it
that you seemed to be hoping people would review, and that I thought
was a distraction at this late stage of the cycle.