Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br> writes:
> On 26-08-2016 09:25, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
>> ...and we also have "pg_logical", that includes a "log" keyword already...

> "clog" and "xlog" is almost "log"; "logical" is not. I don't imagine
> people confusing "logical" meaning "log".

Well, I dunno; people with a weak grasp of English might have an issue
there.  But I never liked that directory name anyway; my problem with
it is I read "pg_logical" and think "logical what?".  Naming things using
a disconnected adjective is not good, especially one with as many
potential applications as that one has.  If we're up for renaming things
under PGDATA, that one is high on my hit list.