Re: [HACKERS] Link to commits in PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Link to commits in PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 08:55:33PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
>> I wonder if there's a reasonable way that allows to add links to the
>> more crucial commits for changelog entries.

I don't see any way you could do that that wouldn't be extremely
bulky and distracting.  And, frankly, it would be of interest to
something well under one percent of the release-note audience.
We as hackers are not the target audience.

I think the reason for including the commit pointers in the SGML
comments was already so that interested and knowledgeable people
could look up the associated commits if they wanted.  I don't see
a need to do more than that.