Re: pgsql: Make walsender more responsive. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Make walsender more responsive.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> (I got a good laugh out of the idea of "contented locks".)

> Uh... what?  I thought the meaning of that was perfectly clear.

My dictionary defines "contented" as "happy and at ease".  I think
the word intended here is "contended":

+   /* wakeup the WalSnd now that we outside contented locks */

not to mention that this sentence no verb.  I don't hold such things
against patch submitters whose first language isn't English, but
committers whose first language *is* English ought to fix them.

            regards, tom lane