Re: CVS commit messages and backpatching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CVS commit messages and backpatching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I guess the question is whether it is possible using cvs2cl to show only
> HEAD, and then show if the same commit message also appears in the most
> recent back branch.

It's so rare that we make a back-branch patch without a corresponding
HEAD patch that I'm not clear why you are concerned about showing only
HEAD for this purpose.  I've always found that cvs2cl's behavior shows
me exactly what I want to know for CVS log searching (and that includes
release note making).  If the output format isn't quite what you want,
maybe you could turn on its XML-output option and then munge that into
HTML.  I've never had occasion to play with the XML-format option myself.