Re: WIP pgindent replacement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP pgindent replacement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Attached is a WIP possible replacement for pgindent. Instead of a shell
> script invoking a mishmash of awk and sed, some of which is pretty
> impenetrable, it uses a single engine (perl) to do all the pre and post
> indent processing.

Hm ... this should offer the chance of running on Windows, but otherwise
I'm not sure it does very much for us, if you still have to have a
patched version of NetBSD indent underneath.

> If anybody is so inclined, this could be used as a basis for removing
> the use of bsd indent altogether, as has been suggested before, as well
> as external entab/detab.

Now *that* I would get excited about.  But surely it would be a huge
amount more work?