Re: Second attempt, roll your own autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Second attempt, roll your own autovacuum
Date
Re: Second attempt, roll your own autovacuum  (Glen Parker <glenebob@nwlink.com>)
List pgsql-general
Glen Parker <glenebob@nwlink.com> writes:
> I am still trying to roll my own auto vacuum thingy.

Um, is this purely for hack value?  What is it that you find inadequate
about regular autovacuum?  It is configurable through the pg_autovacuum
catalog --- which I'd be the first to agree is a sucky user interface,
but we're not going to set the user interface in concrete until we are
pretty confident it's feature-complete.  So: what do you see missing?

            regards, tom lane