Re: signed short fd - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Woodward
Subject Re: signed short fd
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Mark Woodward wrote:
>> decisions

>> Is it fixed?
>
> Wow, he comes out of the shadows.  :-)

I hope you guys don't think I was doing it intentionally. I use my own
mail server and I just create separate email accounts for different
projects. I just simply logged in (way back when) and never bothered going
to "Options" to set my name. It was neglect, not secrecy.

>> > I actually met him _briefly_ at Linuxworld in Boston.  He just said
>> > "hi", then disappeared.  :-)
>>
>> Bruce, I did want to meet you to a greater extent, but you we surrounded
>> by people and looked quite busy.
>
> Yea, I was just teasing.  It was a very busy conference.  I remember at
> night just wanting to turn myself off.

Yes it was. What do you think: My impression was that the corporate side
(with a few exceptions) was, while very professional and flashy, lacking
in technical merit. SGI was one of the few exceptions, of course. The
".org" side was really fun, lots of guys with interesting projects, messy
booths, and grundgy cloths.  Has the soul left Linux? Has it been consumed
by the big corporations?