Re: Non-empty default log_line_prefix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Non-empty default log_line_prefix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> That still doesn't address what to do about syslog and eventlog users.
> We would need either a separate prefix setting for those, or maybe
> something like %q that says, skip to here if using syslog.  (I don't
> know eventlog, so I don't know if a common setting for syslog and
> eventlog would work.)

Meh.  Those aren't default log output targets, so I don't think the
default prefix needs to cater for them.  People who adjust one setting
can adjust the other too.

There would be some value in the complexity you're thinking of for
installations that log to multiple targets concurrently, but really,
who does that?  Most production installations already begrudge
the I/O volume for a single log target.