Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Erm, I don't know that we deal with function-body problems today, even
> when using the newer version of pg_dump, do we?

Right, any forward-compatibility problems arising inside functions
are strictly the user's to deal with, and always have been.

So Stefan's point is that we could get from maybe an 80% fix to maybe
a 90% fix, after expending quite a bit of trouble.  Not clear it's
worth it.

            regards, tom lane