Re: tsearch2api .. wrapper for integrated fultext - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: tsearch2api .. wrapper for integrated fultext
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hello

> "Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
> > this is revised version
>
> A couple of thoughts here:
>
> * What is the point of creating stub functions for things that users
> won't attempt to call directly, such as opclass support functions and
> the old dictionary support functions?  Couldn't we just leave those out
> and save some code?

we can. I don't understand to tsearch2 well, so this wrapper is
complete. There are not necessary all unsupported functions. But these
improvisation   can be done simply in C preprocessor.

> * The WRAPPER_FUNCTION stuff seems unnecessarily inefficient --- can't
> we just declare those as LANGUAGE INTERNAL and link the SQL definition
> directly to the built-in function?

it's little bit inefficient, but it's more consistent and readable. So
it's reason.

> * The SQL file doesn't create any of the old types (public.tsvector
> etc) so it seems still a long ways short of ensuring that an old
> dump file can be reloaded.  Maybe I don't understand exactly how you
> intend it to interact with the definitions that will be in the dump
> file.

with this version of wrapper you cannot load old dumps. It allows
application compatibility. Dump was readable with older variant which
is really ugly and that is on pgfoundry.

Steps with this wrapper:

a) uninstall tsearch2
b) dump
c) install 8.3 and configure fulltext