Re: Enabling frontend-only xlog "desc" routines - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Enabling frontend-only xlog "desc" routines
Date
Re: Enabling frontend-only xlog "desc" routines  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> The other interesting question remaining is what to do about the rm_desc
> function in rmgr.c.  We're split between these two ideas:

Why try to link rmgr.c into frontend versions at all?  Just make
a new table file that only includes the desc function pointers.
Yeah, then there would be two table files to maintain, but it's
not clear to me that it's uglier than these proposals ...