Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, did anyone say they actually liked the new format,
> appearance-wise, or would use it independently of ReST --- I don't
> remember anyone, and we don't want to extend the output format unless
> there is user demand.

Yeah.  If it's not really ReST-compliant then the only argument
for supporting it is that somebody likes it better aesthetically.
I'd want to see more than just one or two people voting for it
if that's the only argument.

If you go the extra mile and make it output 100% valid ReST then
there is some functionality gain not only aesthetics, and then
you'll have a lot easier sell.