Re: Re: pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: pg_upgrade
Date
Re: Re: pg_upgrade  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> If it doesn't work, and will not be made to work, then let's remove it
> from the tree.

I tend to agree with Peter's slightly less drastic proposal: remove it
from the installed fileset and disable its man page, without necessarily
'cvs remove'ing all the source files.  (I see we have already removed
all the other documentation references to it, so disconnecting the ref
page from reference.sgml should be sufficient.)

I hope that pg_upgrade will be of use again in the future, so even
though it can't work for 7.1, a scorched-earth policy is not the way
to go...