Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100
Date
In response to Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toastvalue 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100  (Harry Ambrose <harry.ambrose@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Harry Ambrose <harry.ambrose@gmail.com> writes:
> I have been following the updates to the 9.4 branch hoping a fix will appear, but sadly no luck yet. I have manually
replicatedthe issue on 9.4.4, 9.4.10 and 9.4.12. My replication steps are:

This is a very interesting report, but you didn't actually provide a
reproducer, just a handwavy outline.  If you submit a script that
makes this happen, we will most definitely look into it.  But
people aren't going to be excited about trying to reverse-engineer
a test case out of a vague description.

> I also found the following has been reported:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20161201165505.4360.28203@wrigleys.postgresql.org

That person never came back with a self-contained test case, either.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

            regards, tom lane