Re: Postgres idea list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres idea list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It also occurs to me that discussing this on -hackers, which is a
>> technically focused list, is itself somewhat wrongheaded.  The best
>> list we have for it at the moment is -general, but I wonder whether we
>> shouldn't create a list centered around project promotion and outreach
>> concerns.

> You mean a list like ... oh, I don't know ...
> pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org? :)

You know, I seemed to remember that we had such a list, but I looked at
http://archives.postgresql.org/
and saw no archive for it, so I figured we didn't.

If you're about to go out and create it, may I suggest that the name
-advocacy might not be the best thing?  -advocacy lists seem (to me
anyway) to be more often flamebait arenas than useful discussion areas.
Perhaps pgsql-promotion would be a good name that'd avoid the aura of
flamewars.  Or maybe that's just my own perception not anyone else's.