Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julian Scarfe
Subject Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released
Date
List pgsql-general
> After takin a swig o' Arrakan spice grog, julian@avbrief.com ("Julian
Scarfe") belched out:
> > So all I'm looking for is a way for pgpool to shout if it detects a
> > failure.  That could initiate the investigation of the other
> > criteria required for failover.
>
> _There_ lies the one change that is needed.  Given that, some outside
> 'oracle' can be used to decide if it's appropriate to do a FAILOVER.
>
> It's quite important for this not to be deeply embedded in pgpool...

I think we have a consensus on that.  So what's the most sensible mechanism
for the "shout".  Since I posted my original question, I realized that
pgpool notes a failure of either master or slave in its log.  Would we want
something more proactive?

Julian