Re: Less than ideal error reporting in pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Less than ideal error reporting in pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 23 September 2015 at 10:16, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
>>> Attached patch fixes, though I'm not sure if %lld is portable or not.

It is not.

> I think you could probably use INT64_FORMAT,

Not in a message you expect to be translatable.

There are ways around that, but TBH I do not think that including the file
size in the errdetail is valuable enough to be worth the trouble.  I'd
just leave it out.  "insufficient memory to load statement file" seems
quite enough.