Re: "Immediate shutdown if postmaster.pid is removed" not mentioned in Release Notes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "Immediate shutdown if postmaster.pid is removed" not mentioned in Release Notes
Date
Re: "Immediate shutdown if postmaster.pid is removed" not mentioned in Release Notes  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-general
Victor Yegorov <vyegorov@gmail.com> writes:
> I noticed, that 9.5 release notes (beta2) do not mention
> commit 7e2a18a9161fee7e67642863f72b51d77d3e996.

We don't normally document back-patched patches in as-yet-unreleased
branches, since the point of release notes is to tell you what's new
compared to the previous release, and this item isn't (or won't be).

Also, I doubt that this is of any great concern to the average user.
It's not a scenario that would come up in anything I would call a
supported use-case.  If we're to reverse the aforementioned policy,
there are probably quite a few patches that would now need to be
documented as "new in 9.5" and are more significant than this.

            regards, tom lane