Re: Bug in ecpg lib ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From leif@crysberg.dk
Subject Re: Bug in ecpg lib ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Laurenz,

    Thank you for your effort. I appreciate it very much.

    I have been trying to figure this thing out myself too, breakpointing and single stepping my way through some of
theecpg code, but without much clarification. (More that I learned new things about pthread). I have been trying to
figureout whether this is a real thing or more a mudflapth "mis-judgement". Also on most (the faster ones) machines
mudflapcomplains either about "invalid pointer in free()" or "double free() or corruption". I haven't been able to
verifythis yet. Specifically on one (slower) machine, I have only seen this mudflapth complaint once, though I have
beenboth running and debugging it on that many times.

    Are you sure what you suggest is nonsense ? In the light of the sqlca struct being "local" to each thread ? I tried
toput the open and close connection within the thread, but I was still able to get the mudflap complaint.
Theoretically,I guess one could use just 1 connection for all db access in all threads just having them enclosed within
pthread_mutex_[un]lock()s!? (Not what I do, though.)

    And for your previous mail: Yes, I know that my example does not make the connection, but are still doing the
select...  It doesn't matter, however, if it does make a connection, it still bumps out.
    And yes, I am aware that I open the connection in the "main thread" and use it another. This is the way real daemon
programwas designed.

    Once again, thank you,

 Leif