- Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Dizon
Subject
Date
Re: (unknown)  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Re:  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Guys,

I hope I'm in the right place to throw this. I just want to ask the reason behind this weird scenario.

All records were deleted in a table even if the subquery in the where clause has a missing a column.

--from a certain script where table_id is not yet existing on table_sample

delete from main_table_sample where table_id in (select table_id from table_sample);

Im expecting that postgres will return an ERROR message like
'column "table_id" does not exist on table table_sample'

But it did not returned any error and deleted all the records instead.

Version: psql (8.4.9, server 9.2.5)

Thanks and Regards,
Oliver G. Dizon
Z Getcare Systems Team