Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> OTOH, I'd hate to hold the commitfest hostage for that. Perhaps it
> should be returned to author at this point, I should move on to other
> patches to get the commitfest closed ASAP, and continue reviewing and
> polishing that right after the commitfest.

FWIW, I'd rather you kept focusing on those two patches while other
committers work on the rest.  From what I've seen you're finding a
whole lot of broken or at least questionable stuff, and even if they're
individually minor issues, that adds up to a lot of instability.

I agree that these patches need special attention and should not be
treated exactly the same as we'd treat smaller patches.