Re: CVS repository invalid revision - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CVS repository invalid revision
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@canonical.com> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 03:13:24PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> There's no corrupted revision -- the text you see is part of a log
>> message, not a real header line.  So the cscvs tool would seem to
>> need to be able to cope with that.

> Wow, that's very interesting. Thanks for pointing it out; now that I
> have this in hand, I need to chase somebody interested in fixing a cscvs
> bug <wink>

I notice that cvsweb doesn't handle it very gracefully, either.

It looks to me like it's just about impossible for anything that
is parsing "cvs log" output to tell the difference between this and
a genuine revision entry header, which means it's probably breaking
most of the other conversion tools too.

Perhaps it'd be worth hacking the CVS repository entries to modify
these log entries a bit?  Indenting the quoted revision entry a few
spaces would probably do it.

According to
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2001-01/msg00115.php
the affected files are contrib/pgcrypto/
md5.c md5.h pgcrypto.c pgcrypto.h sha1.c sha1.h