Re: binworld and install-binworld targets - was Re: Release note bloat is getting out of hand - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: binworld and install-binworld targets - was Re: Release note bloat is getting out of hand
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2/4/15 2:24 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> Here's a tiny patch for that

> Not excited about that name.  (Does "bin" include "lib?")

Yeah, doesn't seem quite right to me either.

> If we're reshuffling, how about renaming world to all, and adding
> all-no-doc or something similarly explicit?

-1 for renaming any existing targets; that's quite likely to cause
packagers pain, for little gain IMO.

> Or maybe use a make variable, like NO_DOC.  I think that's preferable to
> adding more targets.

Unless we can come up with a new target name that obviously means
"world minus docs", the make-variable idea may be the best.