BUG #15484: Comment on BUG report BUG #15450: postgis 2.4 and postgis2.5 extention not properly built - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #15484: Comment on BUG report BUG #15450: postgis 2.4 and postgis2.5 extention not properly built
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      15484
Logged by:          Lars Opsahl
Email address:      lars.opsahl@nibio.no
PostgreSQL version: 11.0
Operating system:   Centos 7.5

Hi

When I downloading the source code for compiling Postgis 2.5 I got this
warning.

configure: WARNING:  --------- GEOS VERSION WARNING ------------
configure: WARNING:   You are building against GEOS 3.6.3
configure: WARNING:   To take advantage of all the features of
configure: WARNING:   this PostGIS version requires GEOS 3.7.0 or higher.
configure: WARNING:   To take advantage of most of the features of this
PostGIS
configure: WARNING:   we recommend GEOS 3.6 or higher
configure: WARNING:   You can download the latest versions from
configure: WARNING:   http://trac.osgeo.org/geos
configure: WARNING:

When I upgraded from geos36 to geos37 it worked ok.

Is it easy to change this dependency  in the
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-centos11-11-2.noarch.rpm,
to test if the install works ok then ?

Thanks.

Lars