Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 27.11.2018, 22:52 +0900 schrieb Michael Paquier:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 02:09:05PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > I had a quick look at fixing this but did not manage to immediately come
> > up with a solution, so posting here for now.
>
> If you look at another thread, the patch posted on the top would
> actually solve this issue:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20181021134206.GA14282@paquier.xyz

Oh, I kinda followed that thread a bit, but I think that patch fixes
things more by matter of moving code around, at least I haven't noticed
that tablespaces were explicitly claimed to be fixed in that thread.

> Your problem could also be solved with the minimalistic patch attached,
> so fixing on the way the problems with temporary files present in PGDATA
> something like the attached could be used...

Thanks!

> Based on the stale status
> of the other thread I am unsure what should be done though.

As pg_verify_checksums appears to be broken with respect to tablespaces
in REL_11_STABLE (so I think 11.1, but not 11.0) as well, I think this
merits a short-term minimal invasive fix (i.e. the patch you posted,
just that there's no TAP testsuite for pg_verify_checksums in v11
unfortunately) on its own, regardless of the wider changes proposed in
the other thread.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz