Re: contrib/tablefunc bugfix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: contrib/tablefunc bugfix
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> I did find that contrib/cube fails `make installcheck` due to the bison
> error message wording change (...syntax error... vs ... parse error
> ...). It seems contrib/seg was adjusted for this, but cube was not. Is
> there a reason for that, or should I send in a patch?

Since we are going to be going through substantial error message wording
changes anyway for 7.4, I'm planning to revert the build-time hack that
preserves the older bison spelling of the error message; we may as
well standardize on the bison 1.875 spelling.  So contrib/seg needs its
hack undone, and both need their expected files updated.  If you wanna
do that, fine, otherwise I'll get to it when I start doing the backend
error call updates.

            regards, tom lane