Re: 7.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.1.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> I'm not sure, I'm just thinking about the few bugs which have trickled
> through about 7.1.3, and Tom's email a while ago saying that heaps of
> the bugs which had been fixed were 7.1.3 ones.

Trouble is, we mostly haven't bothered to back-patch the fixes.  Putting
out a 7.1.4 would involve going through the CVS logs, figuring out which
entries represented fixes for old bugs that deserve back-patching, and
then applying the patch (possibly after changes to get it to apply
against the older code).  This'd be a huge amount of work --- cvs2cl
reports more than a thousand separate commits since last September, so
even trolling the log would be a significant effort.  Testing the end
result would be a problem too...