Re: Can postgresql ignore DST ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Can postgresql ignore DST ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Venkata B Nagothi wrote:
> > > We have Timezone configured to Australia/Sydney, we can change that to 11 and do we need to foresee any issues ?
> >
> > That configuration parameter defines how the client will format
> > timestamps to strings and vice versa.
> >
> > It should not have any other effects.
>
> I think what I see is some dates might have changed - is that a possibility ?
>
> If yes, is there any way I can revert back ?

I don't understand - you'd have to explain what you mean.

The setting doesn't change any data, it changes how a timestamp with time zone
is displayed.

It also sets the default time zone to use when a timestamp without timezone
is to be converted to a timestamp with time zone, so maybe that's what you
are observing.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe