[GENERAL] Re: Restoring tables with circular references dumped to separatefiles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From doganmeh
Subject [GENERAL] Re: Restoring tables with circular references dumped to separatefiles
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Re: Restoring tables with circular references dumped toseparate files  (Francisco Olarte <folarte@peoplecall.com>)
List pgsql-general
The list approach for partial restore is also useful, thank you.

On another note, I used to take full backups (entire database), however
switched to table by table scheme in order to make it more VCS friendly.
Namely, so I only check into github the dumps of the tables that are updated
only.
So, from that perspective, is there a dump-restore scenario that is widely
used, but is also VCS friendly? To my knowledge, pg_restore does not restore
backups that are in "plain text" format, and compressed formats such as
"tar" would not be github friendly.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html