Re: How do I import table information? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pete Forman
Subject Re: How do I import table information?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane writes:
 > Jeff Self <jself@greatbridge.com> writes:
 > > Is there a way to run this script without removing the comments?
 >
 > You'll have to change the comments to one of the SQL-standard
 > conventions:

At the risk of stating the obvious, you can keep the comments with

    sed 's/^#/--/' /home/dir/database.sql | psql -e database

or ignore them with

    grep -v '^#' /home/dir/database.sql | psql -e database

--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                   -./\.-  by myself and does not represent