Re: AW: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pete Forman
Subject Re: AW: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pete Forman writes:> The only remaining failure is geometry.  The results I got were> nearly identical to
geometry-powerpc-aix4.out. The only> differences were the order of rows returned by three of the tables.> I'll submit
theresults file to pgsql-patches.

I've submitted a one line patch on resultmap.

There was an oddity, on that one runtest on 7.0.3 the geometry.out had
the rows in a different order from three of the select statements.
Repeating the runtest five times passed consistently (with the new
resultmap).  Now I realise that in an RDB the set of results have no
intrinsic order but find it a bit surprising that the regression tests
are not consistent.
--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical           -./\.-  by myself and does not represent