Re: Setting oom_adj on linux? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Setting oom_adj on linux?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> In http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-02/msg00049.php Tom
> points out that while you could make this adjustment in the init scripts
> for PostgreSQL, actually doing so is quite questionable as a packaging
> decision.

I just wondered if it would be questioned, I didn't say there was a
problem.

However, the long and the short of this is that we can't do anything
without the close cooperation of an init script.  I think that moves
it out of the realm of what Postgres as a project should be doing.
It seems more like a patch that the Linux-based packagers should be
carrying.

Memo to self: get off duff and prepare such a patch for the Red Hat/Fedora
packages.