Re: Show method of index - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Show method of index
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On May 19, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Greg Stark <greg.stark@enterprisedb.com>
> wrote:
>> One advantage of the current arrangement is that the constraints and
>> triggers are almost (though not quite) in the same form as the
>> command to create them. It would be sad to lose that competely.

> Agreed.

+1 --- I *very* often find myself copying-and-pasting from \d output,
and the proposed tabular format would be a huge step backwards for
that.  Personally I kinda wish that the column display were closer
to what CREATE TABLE wants ...

> What I most often want to do is either (a) suppress all the
> footnotes or (b) get just the footnotes of type X and nothing else
> (not even the columns).

+1 for a way to do that, too.  But it seems pretty much orthogonal to
what the display format details are.