Re: [HACKERS] CVSup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CVSup
Date
Re: [HACKERS] CVSup  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
I'd like to second Maurice's plea for plain-vanilla CVS access.
Not all of us *want* the entire Postgres CVS repository living
on our local disk; the current sources are quite sufficient.
CVS access would be better than downloading snapshot tarballs.

I looked at the CVSup pages, and while the program looks slicker
than greased lightning for its intended purpose, I'm also quite
concerned about the amount of effort needed to port it to any
non-FreeBSD system.  For starters, I gotta install DEC Modula-3,
which does not claim to have been ported to HPUX.  Then I get to
find out whether CVSup itself has any portability bugs.  This
sounds like a lot of work for a very second-order goal.