Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan  ("Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan  (Mark Mielke <mark@mark.mielke.cc>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I've never heard any
> complaints about building svn from source before for *developers*. I think
> that's just as easy as anything else.

[ shrug... ]  The message I quoted was from Bob Friesenhahn, who is
certainly a competent C programmer.  If it took him half a day to
install SVN from scratch, I'm prepared to believe it's not trivial.
At the very least, I suggest you replicate the experiment before
asserting you know more about it than someone who's tried.