Re: Make & Install contrib/tablefunc Problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Make & Install contrib/tablefunc Problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer@grid.unep.ch> writes:
>     ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tablefunc.so":
> dlopen(/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tablefunc.so, 10): no suitable image
> found.  Did find:
>         /usr/local/pgsql/lib/tablefunc.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

That's very curious.  Apparently you managed to build a .so of the wrong
machine architecture (ppc vs x86 vs x86_64).  I would guess that you are
using somebody else's build of Postgres and didn't manage to duplicate
their configuration completely.  Now, if it is somebody else's build,
they really should have provided the contrib modules too ... so why
didn't you just grab tablefunc from their distribution?

            regards, tom lane