Re: type money causes unrestorable dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: type money causes unrestorable dump
Date
Re: type money causes unrestorable dump  ("D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> A more direct approach to the problem might be to change pg_dump to
>> set lc_monetary, as it does for client_encoding ...

> Certainly OK by me.

Greg's objection caused me to rethink that.  Doing it would be a problem
when transporting dump files across platforms: what if the appropriate
locale name is spelled differently on the new machine?  We should
probably leave it in the user's hands to get this right.  So the added
text could be used as I suggested, or tweaked to say that you must set
lc_monetary to something equivalent to the prior setting.