Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wambacher
Subject Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;)
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane-2 wrote
> Maybe you could reduce the statistics targets for that table.

don't understand what you mean. do you mean how often that table is
autovacuumed? at the moment about once a day or once in two days, i think.

> I think we've heard that the analyze functions for PostGIS data types are
> memory hogs, too --- maybe it's worth inquiring about that on the postgis
> mailing listl

good idea and yes, it's a table with postgis-geometries and the
corresponding indices.

will ask the postgis guys too.

at the moment i disabled autovacuum but i'll need it soon again, because the
server is running 24/7 and data is changing permantly.

thanks
walter

btw: no big problems in my mini-config, ok?